Best Practice Procedures
Dibbens Removals COVID-19 Best Practice Procedures
The purpose of this guide is to reduce the transfer risk of COVID-19 between staff, our clients and the general public.
By accepting our quotation you are agreeing to abide by these procedures and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the staff are able to carry out their duties in accordance with these procedures
We must be assured no-one in your household has had or are showing symptoms of Corona Virus during the 14 days leading up to a Move and/or an appointment with one of our surveyors.
We also recommend anyone considered to be in a high-risk category should not be on site and a representative may need to be appointed in their place
Prior To Removal Day
- Pack and prepare fully before our arrival, try to avoid any last minute packing.
- Clearly mark all boxes with destination (e.g. Bed 1/Lounge/Kitchen).
- Dismantle furniture items wherever possible.
- Deep clean the home and your effects if possible in preparation for the move.
- 2m social distance rule must be maintained at all times.
- No pets should be free to roam around the house.
- No other trades people to be in the property(s).
- Door’s wedged open if possible.
- One family member to be in attendance at the premises during the move, if possible.
- Facemask – You should wear facemask, visor or similar (eg washable nose/mouth protection item) if the 2m Rule cannot be adhered too.
- Windows should be opened to maximise ventilation.
- W/C, wash facilities should be made available for the move crew, and that where possible those facilities would be for the use of the crew only.
- Crew refreshments If possible, the customer should provide a kettle for staff to make their own refreshments using their own cups/tea bags etc.
- Paperwork will be completed/signed by the lead driver, please ask him to note any comments you may have or Email our office.
What we are doing
- Ensuring that teams are consistently working together (i.e. maintain the same crew pairings) so far as is possible in order to minimise staff having multiple/varied work partners.
- Maintain wellness checks at the start of each day, to include temperature readings being taken/reported each morning.
- Staff will be reminded of the need for good hand and respiratory hygiene, and to avoid touching their face.
- Staff who are unwell with symptoms of Coronavirus should not present themselves for work or, in the event that they do, they will be sent home.
- All operational staff to carry a change of uniform, personal towel, paper towels, their own refreshments (tea/coffee/foodstuff) and equipment (cup/plate/cutlery etc.).
- PPE will be provided to all crew members and to include; disposable facemasks or similar & work gloves.
- Alcohol hand sanitiser (80%) and wipes will be carried by each crew member, stocks will be replenished as required.
- Crew should wash their hands thoroughly on an hourly basis and, if wearing, frequently sanitise the work gloves.
- Packing materials will only be used once (Boxes returned will be stored for minimum 7 days before re-use).
- Vehicle blankets and webs will be changed regularly and then left for a period of 72 hours before being reused.
- Vehicle Deep Clean after every move (frequent cleaning of the steering wheel, dashboard, seats and door handles etc.) inc. load areas, together with all equipment.
We are offering remote surveys using our existing Online Quotation Form.
- Home visits with be conducted using similar precautions listed for moving day above, particularly numbers 5 – 8.
- Our surveyors will carry gloves & face-masks in addition to using hand sanitiser immediately prior to arrival and on departure.
- Preferably vacate the property on our arrival, leaving doors & windows open. In any event always adhere to the minimum 2 metre social distance rule.
Office & Warehouse
- Unnecessary visits to our office will be discouraged and essential visits by prior arrangement only.
- Canteen/crew rooms will remain closed and operational staff to be excluded from having access to office areas.
- Washrooms are equipped with soaps, sanitiser and paper towels.
- Telephone & Email may be monitored remotely during normal office hours.